Tuesday, March 27, 2012

i asked for a smile.

i asked for a smile. by sassyladybug
i asked for a smile., a photo by sassyladybug on Flickr.

this little boy amazes me every day. most recently he has started using the potty. and i'm realizing how much i hate writing the word potty, but saying toilet trained sounds funny. anyhow, i was amazed at how easily he trained and i am beyond pleased with his progress.
he amazes me with his sense of humor. oh how this boy loves a good laugh. his most recent quip includes calling everyone "buddy." however when he says it, it sounds like "buddieeeee" and of course always brings a huge smile to my face.
he has started being a bit more independent and will head off to get out blocks or legos and play on his own. i am so thankful for that and i love when he calls me to see his creation. of course his independence is coupled with a bit of attachment. he is now fiercely afraid of walking down stairs without holding on to my hand. truthfully i was irritated as we are usually running out the door and i need him to wait for me by the car. but i'm slowly trying to keep my patience and enjoy the moment when he calls out nervously to me, grasps his small fingers in my hand and relys on me to make his way down. because some day he is not going to need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...