Wednesday, December 28, 2011

sparkle

IMG_5304 by sassyladybug
IMG_5304, a photo by sassyladybug on Flickr.



whew, thanksgiving was here and then blink it was Christmas. i just barely made my goals of having the gifts wrapped before Christmas eve - just a few left that didn't keep me up too late. this season is so amazing now, as a parent. watching the delight in my boys' eyes is amazing. baking a cake for Jesus' birthday with Andrew and then talking more about the birth of Christ with him. driving to see lights and stopping at a manger scene. letting my boys pick out gifts and give them to those that they love.

of course there is the flip side, as there always is - ornaments broken by my favorite 2-year-old. the constant mess and clutter that decorations provide. bags and bags of gifts that must be wrapped when all you want to do is relax at the end of the day.

but regardless of the rush, clutter, tiredness - this season inspires people to give and that in itself is inspiring to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...