Friday, November 18, 2011

grateful friday

my sister posted a video on facebook that really made me think. i've been enjoying talking up christmas to the boys, encouraging them to let me know what they'd like to receive and looking at the trees and decorations already out in the stores. but i have not encouraged them in the spirit of giving and being thankful. and so i have made a commitment to being grateful myself, and to share that with my boys this coming week.

calm by sassyladybug
calm, a photo by sassyladybug on Flickr.

a quick trip to TJ Maxx this morning and i have a new mug. everything in this picture makes me happy. my yellow walls, the placemat from target, the mug rug from my talented friend kelly...

new mug by sassyladybug
new mug, a photo by sassyladybug on Flickr.

funny enough, after i took the picture i put water on for a nice cup of tea, enjoying the quiet of my house. and i realized, my favorite tea is called calm - and my new mug says the exact same thing. i suppose that it is the little things for which we should be thankful - because without that gratitude in our hearts for those somewhat everyday things, none of the ordinary would be spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...