Sunday, February 21, 2010

make me a match, find me a find, catch me a catch.


made to match, originally uploaded by sassyladybug.

i may try but i do not have much skills when it comes to sewing. i mean, i can hold my own... i actually sewed andrew's halloween costume this year, but by no means can i make the things my mom has. i recently asked my mom how to do something related to sewing and she told me, "you're a smart girl, you'll figure it out." well, sometimes smarts do not help at all when you are seriously challenged.

andrew's windows remained bare until his first birthday party. i was embarrassed and we bought some of the cheapie plastic blinds from walmart (which have proved to be a poor purchase, evidenced by the pictures of the curtains - andrew has attacked them many times.) i made a trip to a fabulous fabric store and found fabric that perfectly matched the border on the wall and our paint color. i bought enough for the curtains and my mom quickly sewed them up in time for the party.

fast forward, what, almost a year, and i wanted to get more fabric for a cover for the bumper. i wanted something updated for our new baby. a second baby never gets much that is new and all his own, so i liked the idea of sprucing things up. surprise, surprise... the fabric store didn't have any more of the fabric, but after scanning the curtain to the shop owner, i knew the maker and name of the fabric. i was able to order some online and find some matching colors that i hadn't seen before.

and so, my mom has sewn me a cover for the bumper. with coordinating ties in orange and yellow. i am in love with this bumper. and christian loves laughing and pulling the side down to peek at his brother in the other bed.

new bumper, originally uploaded by sassyladybug.

which is stinking adorable. except when mama is taking a pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...